Grand Cayman is a Champagne kind of place and neither its residents nor its visitors need much of an excuse to drink it. However, if you’re the kind of person who needs a reason to consider drinking Mumm Cordon Rouge Brut Champagne during the month of May, here are some good ones:
– May is the month of Mother’s Day and every one of us has or had a mother.
– “Mumm” is pronounced just like “mum,” an informal word for “mother” in the United Kingdom.
– May is the month of the public holiday Discovery Day in the Cayman Islands and it’s important to discover what the latest release of Mumm Cordon Rouge tastes like. There’s a full moon in May and it’s always nice to celebrate the full moon with Champagne.
– May is the proper noun name of the month, but the word “may” is also a verb that expresses opportunity or permission, as in, “You may drink Mumm Champagne this month.”
– Mumm Cordon Rouge Brut Champagne is on sale for CI$44.99 during the month of May at West Indies Wine Company.
Of course, another good reason to drink Mumm Cordon Rouge Brut Champagne in May — or any other month — is its fresh, complex taste dictated by the Pinot Noir-dominant house style. That style makes it an excellent Champagne with which to pair food, including sushi and other seafood dishes, tapas, Asian cuisine, cheese and charcuterie plates, grilled meats, including cheeseburgers, and sweet fruit desserts.
Mumm Cordon Rouge, like most Champagnes, also pairs extremely well with the Cayman Islands climate, from both a temperature and social practice standpoint. It is therefore best to buy multiple bottles when it’s on sale.